One thing that I have been thinking a lot about lately with this new baby coming into our lives...some things I would do differently than what I did with Maddy 5 years ago. Give me some insight would you? Suggestions, links, anything helpful!
(1) Breast Feed Longer: I breastfed Maddy, but only for 3 months because I just thought it would be easier...I was finding it hard to do anything...I know, a bit selfish. This baby, I want to breastfeed as long as I can. The only problem with this is...I have lots of events the first couple of months that he is born. My cousin's wedding in May and my sister's wedding in June. In between there will be outings, showers, stags etc...how will I do all these things and feed my baby at the same time. This is where I am going to have to go out and buy a pump I think...anyone have any opinions as to which one is the best out there? I bought a cheap one the first time around, but it was manual. I am THINKING that electric is better.
(2) Homemade Food: With Maddy, it was just a lot easier to buy bottles of baby food and pop them open, heat them up and feed. This time around though, I want to make all my own veggies for the little guy. The only problem I have with this is, I live in a small town and I feel that when making your own food, you need to get to a grocery store or market a lot more often to get fresh fruit and veggies. I have been checking out some cool websites on how to do this cuz I really have no idea. I feel so out of the loop being 5 years difference...I feel that I am going to have to open a lot of books. Like, when do you start feeding your baby anyways? LOL! My friend has the Baby Bullet and I contemplated getting one so that it makes things easier on the homemade food front, but a blender would do just as well...wouldn't it??
(3) Disposible or Cloth Diapers: Disposible please! I never wanted to jump on that band wagon. When I think of cloth diapers, I think of "back in the day" when they used like a piece of material and safety pins. I have a couple of friends who tried the new cloth diapers in this day and age, and it seems like a pretty long process to clean them, sanitize them etc...and not to mention that they are pretty bulky and don't look too nice in clothes. Disposible diapers may cost more, but hey, it's all about functionality for me!
(4) Pampers or Huggies: In regards to the diaper talk...I learned from Maddy that we are Pamper people! I didn't think it really mattered except for that ONE time that I had to get Huggies and she leaked out of them and she actually broke out in a rash from them. I just stay clear of them unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!
(5) Bottles: With Maddy, I used the Playtex Ventaire bottles which worked great for me. Eventually I started to use the Evenflo Classic bottles as well when she was older...right after this though, there was that big plastic BPA scare where they took all the plastic bottles off the shelf and they came up with the glass bottles. Now, I see the plastic ones are back on the shelf with the lovely BPA FREE labels on them so I guess it's safe to use them (good cuz I didn't like the idea of glass bottles)...anyhoo...do I go with the Playtex Ventaire bottles again...or the ones with the liners this time? Do I go for a new brand and try out the Avent bottles? What are your thoughts on bottles?